A successful candidate should be able to present a structured course and lessons to students, with clear learning objectives and aims that should be achieved at the end of the lesson. Using a course book to guide you is fine but there must be a chronological order to lessons so students can follow.
Being a multi-linguist is preferable.
The TEFL Tutor's responsibilities are:
• Preparing lessons in advance that last in one hour intervals using relevant and appropriate guidelines
• Producing lessons that vary in what is being taught - this means that the TEFL tutor should be able to teach lessons that involve improving speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills, so that students can improve in all areas
• Have fun and engaging lessons
• Be adaptable in lessons if something does not work out i.e have a BACK UP plan
• Achieve aims and lessons in lessons
• Set homework
• Report to the company as soon as possible if there are any issues with students or if the company requires information
Billing Analyst requirements are:
• MUST BE TEFL-qualified (you will need to show your certficate!)
• Be willing to be coachable and learn tutoring skills from the company to further enhance your skills through the company's ethos (i.e. don't just teach to improve grades, but teach to improve the student's learning principles and practicality so they know how to study effectively)
• Good experience in teaching generally
• Confident and being a leader
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Good organizational and time-management skills
• Responsibility, close attention to detail, ability to meet lesson aims and objectives
• You have a DBS in the last two years
• You can work in East London at short notice if you are accepted as a GradeScholars tutor
• Can work 5 hours a week when times get busy
If this is something that you can do then great! Apply for the role. This will be a long-term position and you will get more clients over the next year.