EF Education First
- Set your own schedule so that teaching fits into your life. Students want to book lessons with the same teacher throughout their program, for up to six months. Repeat students offer you a great opportunity to build impactful relationships with students and increase your income.
Who is EF?
Since 1965, EF has helped millions of people and become the world leader in international education by focusing on one global mission: Opening the World through Education. In 1997, EF was the first to launch an online English school with live teachers available 24/7. With a global network of 600+ schools & offices in 100+ countries, we are committed to putting education first.
Our online classes for kids are part of our blended learning model. Unlike many other online ESL programs for kids, EF students engage in a blended learning approach. All of our online students take lessons at one of our physical schools in China (over 300 and counting!) This combined in-school and online method provides young learners with the benefits and excitement of group learning with the much-needed encouragement and practice of one-on-one online lessons.
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging one-on-one online classes to kids aged 5 to 13
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Have access to prepared lesson materials…and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
Salary and benefits
UK teachers: Payment starts at £8.75 per hour with opportunities to earn £11.80 per hour including bonuses and employee benefits. Base rate increases occur after 6 months.
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including Q&A session
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to our high-quality lesson materials
- Local US / UK office for easy communication and payment
- Availability during lesson times for the China time zone – morning GMT.
- Native English speaker with a Bachelor's degree in any field
- 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher)
- Experience in early childhood development, teaching, coaching or mentoring is preferred, not required. Life experiences count.
- Excellent cultural awareness, communication and motivational skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of student engagement satisfaction
- Willing to submit an online background check, at no cost to you.
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and stable Internet connection
*** Please note you must be currently residing in the US or UK to be eligible. For teachers in the US, unfortunately this job is not available if you reside in California, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York or Wisconsin. ***