Wanderlust Exchange helps match culture-hungry young adults to individual Chinese families looking to host an Au Pair for 3, 6, and 12-month periods -- Au Pairing over a 2-month summer break is also possible! Many Chinese families are interested in hosting native or fluent English speakers in their homes to support their child's language development and provide an opportunity to promote cultural diversity and understanding.
Being an Au Pair in China is an immense opportunity to grow as a global citizen by experiencing a new culture, pushing your comfort zone, and cultivating the necessary tools to bridge cultural divides now and in the future.
By providing a high-level of program support to program participants before and during their Au Pair experience, Wanderlust Exchange offers a program that is ideal for seasoned and first-time travelers to Asia who may experience some anxiousness around culture differences.
• Experience authentic Chinese culture through living with a host family!
• Flight stipend up to 1800 USD
• Mandarin course paid by your host family
• Monthly culture activities
• Scholarship up to 1300 USD for TEFL certified participants!
Locations of host families:
Host families are primarily located in Shanghai, with additional host families in other major cities, including: Beijing, Chongqing, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Suzhou and Ningbo
Program time span: 3 months-12 months, summer programs also available
30 hours of childcare and English tutoring per week
You pay: 0$ application fee + $50 USD program down payment (the down payment is only required once applicant is approved for program and will be completely returned to Au Pairs upon completion of the program)
Salary and benefits
• 3000-12000 RMB flight stipend (dependent on your length of stay, 3 - 12 month program)
• 3 hours of Mandarin classes/week (12 hours/month)
• 1.5 days off each week
• International medical insurance ( Dr. Walter)
• Visa application & renewal fee reimbursement (provided upon Au Pair's completion of the program)
• TEFL scholarship upon completion of the program ( for TEFL certified teachers; up to 1300 USD)
• You have completed secondary school (high school)
• You are a native speaker or proficient in English
• You have no criminal record
• You are open to cultural differences and exploration
• You have the ability to teach English