Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
Position: Full time Business English Instructor
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Our website: www.GoldStarTeachers.com
Program Highlights -
• Excellent compensation and benefits
• Based in the exciting city of Taipei
• Well-established company
• Many large clients including: Microsoft, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Citibank, Levi Strauss
We are now holding interviews for business English teachers to join our team in central Taipei city. Our school is a professional business English training firm that specializes in English language communication and training solutions. We help organizations improve the quality of their external and internal English language communications.
We pride ourselves on providing quality language courses enabling students to operate more effectively in their business environment. Courses typically cover business skills such as delivering presentations, participating in meetings, report writing, emailing and phone calling. The ideal candidate will have a business background as well as a minimum of 4 years relevant business English teaching experience.
Established in 1993, our management consultants has quickly grown to become Taiwan's premier provider of English language communication solutions to Taiwan's Fortune 500 firms including Microsoft, Ernst & Young, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Citibank, Levi Strauss, and their equivalents by offering professional quality English language training and consulting services.
Our clientele are typically well-established professionals coming from a wide variety of industries. They are generally highly educated and strongly motivated to improve their English, as it is a skill that is often essential to their career development. English levels range from beginner through to highly advanced. Group sizes range from 1-on-1 up to a maximum group size of 10. The needs and levels of all of our clients are carefully assessed to ensure that effective training outcomes are always achieved. This position requires a lot of travelling within Taipei city, and sometimes outside of Taipei, to our client’s offices where classes take place. We provide a travel allowance.
Taipei – The City
Taipei is the capital city of Taiwan, and is located about 120 miles from Mainland China and 360 miles northeast of Hong Kong. The country has a population of over 23 million people, including Chinese, Taiwanese as well as nine distinct aboriginal groups. Mandarin is the primary language spoken in Taipei. The city is situated in the northern part of the island with 2.6 million inhabitants. It serves as Taiwan’s financial, cultural and governmental center. Taipei has much to offer with its hilltop retreats, historical treasures and high-rise skyscrapers. Taipei 101 is, one of the Seven New Wonders of the World and the second tallest building on the planet. The National Palace Museum is also one of the region's best museums and contains some of the most priceless relics in the world. Its extraordinary displays and ancient treasures are definitely worth a visit.
Local visitors can also shop for high-tech gadgets in lively computer markets or find low-tech items in the many night markets throughout the city. For many people, the night markets are what the Taipei experience is all about. They are popular for snacks and drinks sold in the street alongside individual stalls hawking a wide range of clothing and consumer goods.
Main Responsibilities -
• Roughly 24 contact teaching hours per week
• Deliver training courses to corporate clients on site, Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 20:00
• Facilitate highly dynamic 1-on-1 coaching and small group programs
• Travel to our clients’ offices in Taipei and sometimes outside of Taipei to deliver classes
• Teach off-the-shelf courses to small and medium size groups
• Source/develop training materials appropriate to client needs
• Manage learning processes aligned with clients’ goals and expectations
• Report internally and externally on training results
Salary and benefits
NT$500 per hour for unbilled client meetings and updating training plans (e.g. describing new training approaches adopted, etc.)
NT$200 travel fee per round trip for central Taipei locations and up to NT$2,000 for other locations
NT$1500 for delivery of workshops
Unlimited (and unpaid) vacation (with reasonable notice to arrange cover)
ARC, Work Visa provided at trainers expense
Health & labour insurance and pension payments provided
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or South Africa
• Minimum 4 years’ language-training experience with adults
• Patient, flexible and full of enthusiasm
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong analytical skills
• Ability to adapt quickly and proactively to meet client needs
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Fluent computer skills for producing professional training materials and client reports, and using online training and administrative tools
How to apply
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Availability to start work
• Reference letters
Include in the subject heading the reference no. LBTP8T