English Educational Services
• Timetable of four hours per day, four mornings per week, with either Mondays or Fridays free. (Sixteen class hours per week)
• Contract through to the end of June 2019, with a further academic year optional (2019 – 2020)
• Working in the classroom together with Spanish teachers of English and possibly teachers of some other subjects; all in English
• 1,000 Euros net per month with all school and public holidays paid until end of June
• Evenings free (to supplement your income with private classes, if desired)
• NO knowledge of Spanish or previous classroom experience necessary
• Help given with bureaucracy, opening bank accounts and finding accommodation
• Applications from couples welcome
N.B. Because we are unable to charge the schools or their respective education departments a fee for our services, we are making a single, nominal charge of 200 Euros to each Language Assistant presented successfully, to cover our basic costs of recruitment. This will only be payable once your post has been confirmed by the relevant Education Authority and you have started working.
Please note that in over 30 years of operation we have never charged teachers for our services. This is the first time we have been unable to cover our costs through the schools and education departments themselves.
All relevant applications will receive a reply:
PLEASE SEE "JOB REQUIREMENTS"
** Other (EFL) posts currently available in Madrid and Ciudad Real. Others becoming available throughout the academic year.
You should hold a recognised qualification such as CELTA, CELT, Cert. TESOL, or similar. PGCE also very welcome. Applications by couples also welcome.
Salary and benefits
- 1,000 Euros Net per calendar Month (16 hours weekly)
- Initially, contracts until the end of the academic year, June 2019 but all positions are renewable by mutual agreement for a further academic year.
To qualify for these positions you must meet the following requirements:-
* A completed University degree
* Totally native speaker of English
* Valid EU passport holder
* DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Check; or proof of application thereof
A TEFL certificate is desirable (but not required), as is experience working with children or teenagers in the past.
** EFL POSITIONS: CELTA, CELT, TESOL Cert., PGCE or another recognised TEFL qualification, depending on job specifications. Varying amounts of experience may be required.
How to apply
* Let us know your EXACT first date of availability
* All appropriate applications will receive a reply. (See "Job Requirements)
Further opportunities will become available throughout the academic year.
Many thanks for your interest.