Line of supervision: Vice principal of school - Principal of School
8-11.30am, 2-4.50pm (Mon-Fri)
Students per Class: 10-27
Core responsibilities: Complete all assigned tasks involved with all the above roles and the responsibilities of each role on time, efficiently and to a high standard of quality. Build deep understanding and awareness of all school curriculum documents, policies, procedures.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Planning - including, but not limited to, English learning unit objective plans, weekly or fortnightly English classroom plans, daily English teaching and learning plans etc.
• Resources - plan all necessary English learning and teaching resources needed for the classroom well in advance and ensure they are in place as and when needed
• English Language teaching - take full, sole responsibility for the quality of all aspects of student English language learning.
• Student development - ensure all students develop positive, observable characteristics in accordance with the school vision, values and education objective
• Learning environment – create a high-quality English learning environment and ensure the classroom is resourced and organised as required
Similar jobs are also available in Chongqing, and Qingdao, Chengdu, Shanghai and many other cities.
Salary and benefits
• Private accommodation with all basic living necessities, or 2000-3000 RMB monthly housing allowance
• Basic health insurance
• 3000 RMB document reimbursement for authentication
• 8000 RMB contract completion bonus
• All FULLY LEGAL visas - work permit certificate and residence permit
• All Chinese holidays and 3 days for Christmas, 3 weeks paid winter holiday and 1 month unpaid summer holiday
• A highly organized and professional teaching curriculum
• Each teacher will be assigned a “cultural helper” who can assist with difficulties they may have while working in GA Education
• Additional professional development for long term contract
• Work conditions and culture more reflective of international values
• Well-developed communication skills - ability to communicate effectively in English with children and adult beginning learners
• Well-developed collaborative and cross-cultural working skills
• Early years pedagogical content knowledge
• Working experience in kindergarten or major in Education
• Applicants from English as primary language countries only
• University degree in any subject; Major in Childhood Education or Education preferred
At least one of the following:
• TEFL / TESOL / CELTA over 120 hours
• Major in Education
• Recognized Teaching License
• Minimum 2 years teaching kindergarten/primary school in a second language setting, and with Stamped (in China) or Signed Reference Letter
Applicants must be able to provide a criminal background check. We do not accept applications without some form of personalized introductory email or from emails with multiple recipients. Please state whether you are looking for full-time or part-time positions in your application.