In recent months many people have made allegations against two companies based in China called Gi2C and Laowai Career Center which claim to have fantastic government, university, and Fortune 500 “connections” so that helping you find a great job in China is a snap for them. The two companies have the same Russian owner who insists all the “crazy allegations” about his companies being a scam are “baseless” and claimed at various times were created by an “envious competitor” and a “disgruntled employee”. But he has never provide any details about neither the “envious competitor” nor the “disgruntled employee” despite being asked by China Scam Patrol at least five times over the last year. So the allegations continue and so do Yuri’s denials.
So, let’s give Yuri the benefit of the doubt and ask him some simple questions that he should be able to answers easily and straight forward if indeed his companies are legitimate…
(1) What is your SAIC business license number for all 4 of your companies including Gi2c & Laowai Career Center? Chinese law requires that you have these licensed hanging in the reception area of your offices, but when I visited there, I did not see any. When I asked the receptionist where it was, she said she never saw it neither.
(2) What is the taxpayer identification numbers of all 4 of your companies including Gi2C & Laowai Career Center? Legitimate companies pay taxes and have receipts to prove it. These receipts will have the name of your company and taxpayer ID number on it.
(3) Why did you tell your customer from France Winnie Maliko (and many others) to lie on her visa application or she would not be able to join your internship program? If you forget about Winnie you can read her comments at scam.com, realsscam.com, eslwatch.info and in our 15-page investigation into your company here: https://chinascampatrol.wordpress.com/2015/04/25/is-gi2c-china-internship-program-a-legal-scam-or-legit/
(4) Do you deny that your Chinese employee “Tommy” was arrested for selling black visas and 3 PSB agents snatched him right out of your office in the presence of 3 employee witnesses? This is his photo in case you can’t remember “Tommy” https://chinascampatrol.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/toomy_1.jpg
(5) Do you deny that your former webmaster from the UK Steve Brown resigned in protest after he discovered you were making up fake jobs and fabricating job descriptions that you instructed him to upload on to your Gi2C website?
(6) On your past and present websites you claimed to be “partners” with the world’s top 500 universities yet when people ask you to name these universities you change the subject. Please list even 100 of these top 500 universities that are your “partners.” Screenshots of your claims along with your photo and signature can be seen here… https://chinascampatrol.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/doc5_1.png You listed these universities in your Getin2China brochure and when I contacted their International office most were angry and alarmed because they never heard of you! https://chinascampatrol.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/doc8_1.png?w=760&h=984
(7) Why do you tell people that you can get them jobs and internships with Fortune 500 companies and MNCs (multi-national corporations) when you cannot and have not ever documented a single placement of any Gi2c or Laowai Career Center customer with a single Fortune 500 company in the last 7 years?
(8) What is your office address in Beijing in Hadian District (at Zhongguancun) where your call-center is located and your executive office is located? Why do you try to convince people that your main office is 1,000 miles away from Beijing in Hangzhou where you share a small office with a language company? Are you afraid angry customers will come looking for you to demand a refund?
(9) Why do you use 4 different companies to sell basically the same products and services? Why isn’t one brand enough? Many people say that this is to fool people that these new companies are unrelated to the old ones that have so many complaints online. If this is not true, can we hear your explanation, please?
(The 4 alias companies are Laowai Career Center, Gi2c, Getin2China, and WiseWay Global Education).
(10) Do you deny that you instructed your employees to forge and fabricate and/or “edit” invitation letters for your customers to fool the visa officials? http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img537/9952/uraiH1.jpg
(11) Why did you tell three of your customers that they would work for Beijing’s top FOREX firm FSI, but after they paid their money and arrived in Beijing, they did not work at FSI but sent to work at a tiny U.K. finance company called Montpellier which has a grand total of 12 employees. Andre D. from the UK claimed to be one of these bait and switch victims. Is he lying Yuri?
(12) Why don’t you tell your customers that they will have 1-3 roommates that may or may not smoke or do drugs when they arrive in Beijing. Don’t you think it is misleading to tell people “you will be given your own apartment for free in China” but you do not tell them that this is only for the first 30 days?
(13) Do you deny that you offered money to strangers and $500 discounts to customers to make testimonial videos for your companies as explained here? https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?683734-Gi2c-China-Internship-Scam-Now-Buying-Testimonials-For-1-000!&p=1973009&posted=1#post1973009
(14) Do you deny that your sales employees were trained how to evade “problematic” questions about visa law and their real chances of getting the job they wanted, and why the terms and conditions on your web site are often edited and changed? https://eslwatch.info/en/eslwatch-forum/china/117-fraud-warning-gi2c-and-other-china-job-internship-scams-beware-people.html
(15) Do you deny that you charged some people up-front fees as much as $3,799 and yet others paid nothing when you were being investigated and accused online?
(16) Do you deny or admit that you hired a hacker to delete/hide negative comments about your companies online by corrupting, or “redirecting” the links to those comments?
(17) Do you deny or admit that you were caught lying about having offices in London and all over the world? Here is the page that even gave VIRTUAL telephone numbers for all your “overseas offices” http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-k62X2sRreBg/VSIVZfKv21I/AAAAAAAAAEs/wXQkvrPN7so/s1600/Doc46_1.png
(18) Do you deny or admit having call centers in Pakistan and the Philippines calling people and pretending they were calling “from the London office of Gi2c”?
(19) Why do your ads and sale people at Laowai Career Center claim the company is 10 years old when your website was created in 2014 according to whois.com.?
(20) Is it true or false that “almost 40% of our clients asked for refunds” according to one of your former employees?
(21) Do you deny or admit offering money to people at studentroom.co.uk to delete negative comments about your companies but they refused your offer? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search/?tsr-search-query=Gi2c
These are the questions that we ask you today Yuri. Of course, there are still 26 unanswered question people asked you back in 2014 that you completely avoided as well. Those questions can be found online at http://www.realscam.com/f51/fake-phantom-felon-employees-gi2cs-china-internship-scam-6-invisible-offices-4057/ (scroll half way down to get to the 26 questions)
I see that you gave two different explanations back in 2014 about similar fraud accusations made against another one of your companies called Getin2China. Back then you first claimed that some “envious competitor” was smearing you (but you did not identify the competitor) and then you changed your mind and said it was a “disgruntled employee” (but you did not name the employee). It is now 3 years later and the allegations continue. What is your explanation today in 2017 Yuri? We are all ears – after you answer the above questions.
If you are legitimate as you claim, please answer these legitimate and valid questions many people are asking and they get frustrated when your salespeople keep changing the subject. We know, some of our volunteers pretended to be interested prospects and spoke with three of your “career counselors” (sales reps) recently. The conversations were “interesting” to say the least.
Usually, when a company is falsely accused of a scam they will be outraged and quick to prove that they are not. But in the case of Gi2c and Laowai Career Center in China, both owned and operated by you Yuri Khlstov, there is only prolonged silence for six months (and counting) after the allegations began that your Gi2c and Lawai Career Center companies are both China job frauds. These accusations came via over 60 users at these web sites where their comments are easily searched (Some of the links to their comments are at the bottom of this post).
But getting back to these unanswered questions… If these two companies are truly legitimate, then I must ask Yuri why you cannot publicly answer these questions and prove yourself to be legit and in full compliance with the law.
Before you answer Yuri, be sure to review these links below so you do not get caught in any embarrassing lies like when the police allegedly visited your offices last month: https://eslwatch.info/en/eslwatch-forum/china/951-are-police-moving-in-on-laowai-career-center-china-job-scam-and-their-4-aliases/1599.html#1581
And if you believe any of the above is not true, I invite you to sue China Scam Patrol for libel or slander Yuri. We know who and what you really are and no amount of smoke and mirrors will even confuse us for one second. So long as you continue to “mislead” uni grads, we will continue to warn them.
China is famous for what are called “Legal Scams” which sounds like an oxymoron but which is a reality in China because China’s laws are still evolving and do not have definitions for laws that prohibit overseas telefraud of citizens of another country. But if Chinese citizens are defrauded in any way, there are indeed specific laws in place. So, until this legal void is addressed, many people exploit the huge legal loophole that now exists.
For current news about China scams you can check the CFTU or CTA blacklists or visit http://reddit.com/r/chinascamcentral. Remember to read thrice and sign once!
I really think their inability or refusal to answer these questions is an indirect admission of guilt. Just my opinion mind you. But I found this at the Scam Watchers website (quoted verbatim below):
“If you want to work or live in China avoid this Laowai Career Center at all costs and their four other alias company names all operating from the same big boiler room in Beijing near Peking University. The owner is a wanted fugitive from White Russia who uses the name Yuri https://www.scam.com/showthread.php?739578-Gi2c-owner-Yuri-Khlystov-is-wanted-fugitive-Khlystov-Sergei-Kaikukatu-from-Belarus&p=1974186#post1974186
They will sell you a career dream with a high p[aying job using all of their “connections” in Chima. They have a fancy website full of fake video testimonials and all the imagery to make them look legitimate. But here are 36 reviews from victims that tell the real story: http://opnlttr.com/letter/laowai-career-center-really-china-job-scam-using-many-aliases-here-are-36-reviews-you-be
And here are there “many satisfied clients”: http://www.scamorg.com/gi2c-org-38. They claim to be ten years old but their website was registered in 2014.
There were literally over 200 complaints about them online but they employ a full-time hacker named Igor and this is how he keeps hiding the complaints http://chinascamreport.wordpress.com. So if you cannot find a more fun way to lose your money, call these thieves.”
I visited the Gi2C Facebook page and asked them to answer these questions and related allegations. They just deleted my comment. I tried again and was deleted again. THey obviously just don’t want people to know they are a smoke and mirror scam operation. BTW… they also operate another well-hidden scam called Wiseway Global Education: http://www.realscam.com/f51/wiseway-global-education-scam-beijing-china-4421/#post116467
Before applying for teaching jobs in China be sure to review http://chinascamwatch.org and the r/ChinaTEFL sub at Reddit so you don’t get screwed.
2018 UPDATE: The Gi2c China job and internship scam is now operating under 7 different alias company names;
Laowai Career Center
Wiseway Global Education
Beijing Wiseway Consulting
Warn your friends and read more about them here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ChinaScamCentral/comments/6n8vk2/china_snakes_like_gi2c_laowai_career_center_are/?st=jcwzsuiv&sh=d2aa8b61
Questions about contracts, expat labor rights, teachers requirements and visa laws for China are found at http://chinascamwatch.org
Please log in to reply to this topic.