Home TEFL forum Teaching in China Tourist visa to China

Tourist visa to China

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply to this topic
  • ACY
    16 March, 2013 at 19:42
    • Total posts: 2

    I wonder if anyone can give me advice? I am being offered paid training and English teaching work in mainland China by a company based in Hong Kong. During the training, before being assigned to a particular school, they say I should use a tourist visa to enter China. I know that normally this would be illegal, but they say in this case it is acceptable, as all payments would be made through Hong Kong, not China. Then I would apply for the Z type visa once I was placed with a school. Obviously, I want to verify that this is legal, but the Chinese embassy and Chinese Visa Application Service both say they cannot advise! If they can’t help, do you have any ideas whom I could ask?


    17 March, 2013 at 1:07
    • Total posts: 45

    Reply To: Torist visa to China

    You obviously do not read the scam alerts friend. 47 foreign teachers just got detained, fined $150 per day, and deported from China with a 5 year reentry ban for doing exactly the same thing. YOU MUST HAVE A Z VISA TO WORK IN CHINA AND IF YOU BELIEVE THE AGENTS YOU ARE A FOOL!They will tell you anything to sign you up and collect their fee. They do not care about any problems they create fro you after they get paid.

    Before accepting any teaching job in China, please visit http://www.ChinaScamBusters.com Know Before You Go and get a free copy of China’s labor laws from the CFTU (Just request by email)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to reply to this topic.