Home TEFL forum New to TEFL TEFL Rome Feb 2013

TEFL Rome Feb 2013

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply to this topic
  • Debs_89
    Participant
    13 December, 2012 at 21:58
    • Total posts: 17

Hi guys!!

So I’m booked on to do my TEFL course in Feb 2013. Mainly looking a career change and to be able to travel. I really don’t know what to expect. I was kind of hoping for advice on how to make the most of the experience. I’m sooo nervous so any feedback from you guys would be greatly appreciated :)

ICAL TEFL
    Participant
    14 December, 2012 at 12:29
    • Total posts: 158

Reply To: TEFL Rome Feb 2013

Where and when and which course? There is a lot of variation out there so don’t always assume that what you are taught is the only, indeed even the best, way to do things. Question what you are told and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification and reasoning behind what you are told.

And enjoy it! :)

ICAL – TEFL Courses & TEFL Resources

Debs_89
    Participant
    14 December, 2012 at 19:17
    • Total posts: 17

I’m going in February to Rome. It is a TEFL certificate and I’m completing it with ITTT. I’m really looking forward to meeting new people. Does anyone know if there is any way to speak to other trainees who will be on the course?

dan
    20 December, 2012 at 12:03
    • Total posts: 778

I was kind of hoping for advice on how to make the most of the experience

Go into it with an open mind, prepared to learn a lot of new things. The more energy you put into planning your classes, the more you’ll get out of it. Mostly, just enjoy the experience – be prepared for ups and downs, elation and frustration, and don’t go into it expecting to come out the other end as an expert teacher – this will lead to more frustration and less elation!!

Regarding talking to other trainees, I think you’d have to ask the course provider about that.

Good luck!

Dan

Liz
    Participant
    14 January, 2013 at 20:29
    • Total posts: 1

I would learn the tenses before I go e.g. past continuous, past perfect, present perfect, present simple etc

I would also learn first conditional, second conditional, third conditional.

If you have time, take a look at the Phonemic Chart so you know what it is.

good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)