– BA Eng + Philosophy cum laude (including 2 years of Linguistics)
– BA (Hons) Philosophy cum laude
– MA Economic History (by full 50 000 word thesis) cum laude
– TEFL 120 hour certificate
– Native English speaker (South African)
– Host of scholarships and awards
– 1 year teaching experience as a school volunteer teacher (+ 1 year course administrator qua volunteer)
-2 years tutoring hundreds of undergraduate students at a top South African university – employed by the university (I.e not private tutoring)
My question: will I likely be able to secure a teaching position in Saudi without *specific* experience in 2nd Language teaching? Is there a relevant precedent?
If so would I be teaching in the lower paying echelons?