Home TEFL forum Teaching in Europe Teaching English in Ireland.
I am an experienced, CELTA qualified teacher who is looking for teaching work in Ireland.
Just some questions about this-
1. How long are teaching contracts in Private language schools there?
2. From what dates do the terms (semesters) run from there? e.g. is the winter semester from- September to December?
3. What is the average monthly salary for an english teacher there?
4. When is the best time to look for work there?
5. What’s the best way of finding employment there? Is it just by e-mailing your CV to schools o’r is it best to go ‘door to door’ around the schools?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks very much.
The best time to look for work is probably between May and September. To find work, going door to door can work well, or try MIE, an association of English language schools in Ireland.
Have a look here for more info too.
Please log in to reply to this topic.