Why work for less? What legal white-listed schools pay the most most money for a 5 day work week. Any first or second tier city is fine but the countryside locations are of no interest to me. Thank you for your advice and feedback veteran China teachers!
To best answer this question, I think you need to rephrase your question a bit. Maybe you should ask “Which is best paying white school I can work for in China?”. Then I would refer you to the top ten listed by the CTA & CFTU and also to this link: http://www.esl-jobs-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=7203
Questions about contracts, expat labor rights, teachers requirements and visa laws for China are found at http://chinascamwatch.org
25 November, 2016 at 14:44
Total posts: 590
“Which is best paying white school I can work for in China?”
I’m guessing you mean “white-listed” ?
6 December, 2016 at 3:22
Total posts: 46
At present we have vetted over 1,600 white-listed schools and training centers in China. What does this mean? In short it means that the school or training center meets the following requirements:
1) Has a verifiable SAIC business license that is current and issued in their name
2) Is registered with SAFEA to legally hire foreign employees and sponsor a Z visa (work visa)
3) Has no history of cheating nor exploiting foreign employees and has less than 3 unresolved complaints within the last year with the Ministry of Labor
4) Does not provide false information to job applicants
5) Has no recent history of exploitive employer policies and full compliance with China labor laws.
White list or blacklist – it may not matter if you are expecting to make a decent living, because only survival wages are now paid in China unless you are an AP teacher. In that case you can make aabout 30,000 a month. Everyone else falls into the class of lowest paid foreigners in China http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/epaper/2015-07/23/content_21388975.htm