People claiming to represent “OYE Optimize Your English” language school in Cartagena are currently operating what appears to be a scam:
1. They are asking teachers for money upfront for visas and accommodation (in the region of 700 euros in total)
2. The job offer is far too good to be true: 2700€ monthly salary, free furnished accommodation, 5 working hours 5 days weekly, return ticket reimbursement
3. They seem to also be putting teachers in contact with a Spanish immigration lawyer (spain-visas.com/spanish-lawyers.php3) who asks for payment of a visa fee of 190 euros
4. Their poorly designed website (oyeenglish.es) only provides a mobile phone number
5. Their Facebook page has not been updated since 2015 and has very limited information, no community interaction or photos
There may be a link between this scam and another, Academie de Français Neus Fransi, mentioned in this post. Teachers are being directed from one school to the other, under the guise of them being “affiliated schools”.
2 October, 2018 at 9:56
Total posts: 1
Email different from proper OYE English
Google OYE English in Spain and you will notice that their email on the website is different from what the scammers use. The correct email is email@example.com but the scammers use firstname.lastname@example.org. The scammers have added “s” to English making it English but the correct email does not add “s”. I reported it to the school and they said they have already taken action.
2 October, 2018 at 19:05
Total posts: 1
Reply from the owner of OYE
As owner of OYE I was really disturbed to learn that someone has been scamming people by pretending to offer jobs.
Please be clear that we have reported this to the police and asked Google to close down the fraudulent web page.
I took on board the comments re our web page and poor design. Hopefully it looks better now, we are a small school which focuses on preparing high standard course material rather than marketing ourselves. Obviously we need to improve a few things!!
Also we have no fixed phone line as this would be another cost which would be reflected in class prices.
Our objective is to provide small classes of a high standard at a reasonable price.