I am new to the forum and joined because the company I work for is looking to setup English and hospitality programmes in Vietnam. I am responsible for setting up the programmes and arranging teachers etc. I have a few questions on the hiring process and contracts for teachers in Vietnam.
I am looking for comments and opinions from teachers and also people who have hired teachers.
– What are average rates of pay for foreign teachers (qualified and experienced)?
– What are the standard terms of employment (conditions, benefits, bonuses, hours per week etc)?
– Do teachers often work on a casual or part-time basis, or full-time?
– What is the usual hiring process for foreign teachers in Vietnam?
– In general how easy is it to find ESl teachers? What about the availability of hospitality lecturers with hotel/restaurant management experience?
– How long does it usually take to find teachers?