Home TEFL forum TEFL Training and Courses What happens if final lesson plan isn’t accepted for the ITTT 120hour course?

What happens if final lesson plan isn’t accepted for the ITTT 120hour course?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
Reply to this topic
  • HarvestJavi
    Participant
    27 April, 2018 at 13:53
    • Total posts: 2

I am in my last lesson plan submission and, along with the review of my submission, the reviewer Jon ended his email with this:

At this stage, you need to be aware that if your third lesson plan submission is deemed unsatisfactory you will not have achieved a passing grade for the course, and we will contact you with the options that are available for continuing your training

Have any of you had their third lesson plan rejected with ITTT? What are the options that are available for continuing your training?

Manon
    Participant
    1 August, 2018 at 18:15
    • Total posts: 11

I’m really worried because I am on unit 11 of ITTT and I get the feeling that no matter what plan I submit it will be rejected?
    If that is truly the case then maybe it’s a gimmick to get people to then sign up for a more advanced class ? $$$$$
    Should I continue with ITTT or am I just wasting my time?
    I’ve seen some of the plans submitted and comments by the people reviewing and they’re all very very vague and not helpful and each plan was different and yet all had some vague comments that don’t explain why one would be approved over an other.

Basically I find the reviewing method and comments VERY SUBJECTIVE!!!

Has anyone obtained their certification with ITTT?????

Manon
    Participant
    5 August, 2018 at 20:53

Exactly what i thought

See…that’s what I was saying. I don’t think anyone really passes or at least not with the 120 hour training and they sucker you in for more “optional training” i.e $$$$$$$$$….

dan
    6 August, 2018 at 20:55
    • Total posts: 758

I don’t think anyone really passes or at least not with the 120 hour training and they sucker you in for more “optional training” i.e $$$$$$$$$….

I don’t think this is the case at all. If this is what they were doing, then given their size and the number of trainees who take their courses, there would be a large number of comments and reviews complaining about this online. I’m sure they are not perfect and could no doubt improve in some areas, but so could just about every TEFL course provider. But if it was a gimmick, as you suggest, then there would definitely be more noise about this in online communities.

Manon
    Participant
    6 August, 2018 at 21:02

Thank you Dan. I will try my hardest and see what happens when I submit my final lesson plan. I promise I will be the first to praise ITTT if this is not the case. I can admit when I’m wrong and will gladly give credit where credit is do and spread the word.

ashw26
    Participant
    4 September, 2018 at 9:35
    • Total posts: 4

Hi guys, I am on my final submission for my lesson plan and trying to read everyone’s information prior to submitting my final try. Has anyone actually passed and received the cert through ITTT as I am starting to feel like this is the case also and wasting my $$$. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

Manon
    Participant
    4 September, 2018 at 16:03

Ashw26 don't worry

Hi Ashw26….I was very skeptical after reading the forum here about the final lesson plan but……mine was actually accepted first time around (just under a week ago) and I got a pdf copy of my certificate and it’s already been sent out.
    Little advice…ITTT actually made videos for everyone of the pdf lessons so if you haven’t seen them, do a little research on Youtube (it will be my pleasure to send you the link). Go over the ESA video. Make a few drafts of your final plan before submitting. Put LOTS of details. Make your lesson plan as if you were giving it to another teacher to teach. Watch your stages: No teaching in Engage, get them thinking and talking english by “Eliciting” words from them about a certain theme. Boardwork and teaching is the study phase. Again…elicit everything from students down to the structure of the verb you’re teaching. Ask them what they see. Write in your lesson plan: “Ask students bla bla bla”…..and then write “Expected answer”…and give expected answer. Teach and make them practice in study phase with words from engage phase. Activate phase….make them get up and go around the class with each other and speak, do surveys, do front of the class stuff. Get the students talking. Don’t freak out over “time”…..5-10-15 min is fine. No need to go crazy with 3 min and 8 minute procedures. Details, details, details……………that’s all I can tell you. Hope this helps.
    My certificate is in the mail. Best of luck to you. I said I would praise ITTT if I passed so here it is. I would recommend ITTT to anyone wanting to get their TEFL or TESOL.

Manon
    Participant
    4 September, 2018 at 16:06

One last detail

I forgot to put down: Check student understanding after your teaching but before handing out worksheet by doing first question of the worksheet and elicit answer from them and asking an example question.
    Check understanding………very important.

I don’t know if I’m allowed giving this information so if it’s posted I guess you’re allowed reading it. If not,,,,,the moderator will remove it.

ashw26
    Participant
    5 September, 2018 at 3:59

Manon, Thank you

Hi Manon, Congratulation’s on completion! Thank you so much for the advice. I have 12 days left and really starting to be concerned. I have asked so many friends on advice but none have had to do this same lesson plan so is quite overwhelming. Honestly, I truly appreciate your help!

ashw26
    Participant
    5 September, 2018 at 4:00

Manon, Thank you

Hi Manon, Congratulation’s on completion! Thank you so much for the advice. I have 12 days left and really starting to be concerned. I have asked so many friends on advice but none have had to do this same lesson plan so is quite overwhelming. Honestly, I truly appreciate your help!

ashw26
    Participant
    27 September, 2018 at 9:19

Passed

Hi Manon!

Thank you so much for your feedback.
    I passed first go! Your feedback definitely helped with the process. :) All the best!

Manon
    Participant
    27 September, 2018 at 11:39

That is AWESOME ! Glad I could help a little. I’m already working for 2 companies doing “In corporate business english training” and I have some online work as well. Not yet ready to head out to China or latin America but I will.
    Best of luck to you in your career!

struggles18
    Participant
    24 October, 2018 at 8:25
    • Total posts: 1

Lesson Plans

Hi folks,

After reading through the comments to this thread I am pleased I am not the only one that is struggling. I am finding this harder than what I did when I did my degree. I have no problem with passing the multiple choice sections but I really am struggling with the lesson plans. It doesn’t matter what plan I submit it is always wrong. I have even used Youtube for ideas but that hasn’t worked either. I really am beginning to wonder if I have wasted my money as there seems to be very few people that are managing to pass other than the odd few. I really wish that I had saved my money and not registered for this course.

Manon
    Participant
    24 October, 2018 at 11:56

Struggles18….here to help

Hi Struggles18. No worries. No offense to ITTT but I think the pdf are not clear. I can help you out if you want. I will also send you a link to actual ITTT lesson videos. Did you go up and read all the comments I gave to ashw26?
    just send an email to tangram72 at good old hotmail and I will be glad to help.
    Please note I am busy until later this afternoon. Can’t do the work for you but will be glad to give pointers. I passed first time around but did a TON of research before I did. I don’t think I would have passed with pdf lessons alone.

Hope to hear from you
    Manon

rebecca
    Participant
    2 December, 2018 at 19:02
    • Total posts: 3

Lesson plan sample

Hi Manon,

Looks like you are the only one got your lesson plan approved, would you be able to post it online, and the tutor’s review as well. Maybe this will help us working out our problems.

Thanks and happy holidays.

Rebecca Li

Arel24
    Participant
    18 December, 2018 at 12:49

Manon HELP

Can you help me out please with the lesson plan on ittt?
    Thank you so much. I really would appreciate your help.

Manon
    Participant
    18 December, 2018 at 14:24

Arel24

Hi Arel,
    Would be glad to. You can reach me at tangram72 …..on good old hotmail. Are you on your first try?
    What sort of plan do you need to hand in? What are you having trouble with?
    Send me a short email….we’ll chat.

Manon
    Participant
    30 December, 2018 at 13:46

To Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
    I don’t want to post my plan online because I feel there would be a lot of cheating and copying. As for tutor’s review…..my plan got accepted first time around. If you don’t mind sharing your email……..or you can reach me at: tangram72 on hotmail and I will gladly show you my plan as an example and give you tips and comments on what you need to have on yours. You can show me what you have so far and I can tell you what you might be lacking or how it might be changed.
    Will be glad to help. Also, I think if I posted my plan on here the monitors would not allow the posting and with good reason.
    Once you understand what you need to have, you’ll see it’s very easy. I’ve helped 3 people so far and they’ve all passed.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Manon

BENA
    Participant
    25 January, 2019 at 15:18

@Manon

Hi Manon, I am still working on my first draft of the lesson plan and I’m super nervous and intimidated after reading all of these posts. I was wondering if I can email you my final lesson plan so you can check over it and give me your thoughts before I submit it? It would really help me out and I would really appreciate it. Please and thank you! :)
    Best regards,
    Albulena

Manon
    Participant
    25 January, 2019 at 16:12

Albulena

Hi, yes, please go ahead. I’ll send you something also that will really help you out.
    Look forward to hearing from you.

Manon

Thea
    Participant
    27 March, 2019 at 17:41

Hi Manon,
    I am also doing the 120-hour ITTT course. Would you mind having a look at my lesson plan before I had it in? I am hoping to have it finished by early next week. Any pointers or links would be much appreciated.
    Thank you
    Thea

Manon
    Participant
    27 March, 2019 at 20:55

To Thea

Hi Thea,
    Yes please go ahead and send it to my email at tangram72 on hotmail.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)