Employer claiming to be "University of Vienna"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Answer this question
  • Keith Taylor
    24 March, 2017 at 10:38
    • Total posts: 90

    We received the following email from a jobseeker:

    I received the following scam from someone claiming to be from the University of Vienna. I had spoken to someone who had a University of Vienna skype account, but the email does not match the university’s email scheme and the email is suspect. I was later asked to send money to a personal bank account to pay for apartments.

    [quote]Dear —,

    This is to inform you that you have been officially selected to work with the Language department of the University of Vienna Austria. We are delighted to offer you this full time ESL teaching position because we feel that your skills, qualifications and experience will contribute immensely to the growth of ESL at the University.

    A detailed work contract, endorsed by a University authority and the Austria Employment authority is attached to this email.

    You are advised to review the contract thoroughly and get back to us with a signed copy at the earliest possible time, if you are satisfied with the contents.

    Please print out the contract, complete the necessary information carefully with a blue or black pen in bold letters, sign at the space provided below,scan and return the signed contract as an attachment through email.

    You will be constantly updated and well informed about the visa process (If required) and other necessary preparations for your arrival, training in Spain and job commencement.

    Further information about housing and visa documentations will be sent upon receipt of the signed contract.


    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Best regards,

    Nicola Kraml

    University of Vienna, Austria.[/quote]

    29 March, 2017 at 2:15
    • Total posts: 48

    That sounds a lot like the emails used by the WiseWay Global fraud out of China. I suggest you stop your communications with them and notify the local authorities.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Please log in to reply to this question.