Home TEFL forum TEFL Training and Courses Choosing an online TEFL course – 120 or 168 hours?

Choosing an online TEFL course – 120 or 168 hours?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply to this topic
  • mandyk
    Participant
    15 April, 2020 at 4:21
    • Total posts: 1

I had to cut my travels short recently and with all the time on my hands now I have been looking at doing an online TEFL course to give me the option of teaching abroad. The one I have considered most is provided by TEFL.org.uk but I am open to other recommendations.

A lot of posts around the internet have essentially said an online course is not worth the paper it’s written on. Given the current situation, I obviously can’t take a classroom course and unfortunately can’t gain classroom experience, but is there really such a huge difference reputation wise between the classroom and online courses? Could I do the online course now and “top-up” so to speak with a shorter classroom course at a later date?

This brings me to my next question – to do a 120 or 168 hour course? There is quite a bit of a price difference and although the 168 hour course would give me a Level 5 TEFL qualification, I want to be quite sure that it is worth the money before I give it a go.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Abbi
    Participant
    28 June, 2020 at 20:10
    • Total posts: 2

Hi, I was just wondering if you applied for a course with tefl.org? I’m looking at the 168 hour course myself but just wanted to hear from someone that had done a course from the website

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)