Here’s some more info about the activity:
|Aim||To revise and reinforce the difference between the first and second conditional structures.|
|Activity||Students categorise sentences into groups according to their structure.|
|Preparation||Make enough copies of the worksheet for the number of students in your class.|
|What do I do?||
Put the following sentences into two groups, A and B
1. If Jack doesn’t call Emma, she’ll be angry with him.
2. If a tiger walked into the classroom now, I’d scream!
3. If I had more time, I’d clean my house.
4. If you don’t do your homework, you’ll fail the test.
5. If you come to my party tonight, you’ll meet my boyfriend.
6. I’d be happy if I didn’t have to work.
7. If you go out tonight, where will you go?
8. If you drive fast on this road, the police will stop you.
9. If it snowed in the Sahara desert, I’d give you $1 million.
10. They would move to a bigger house if they had more money.