PGL is the UK's market leading provider of activity holidays and study courses for young people and currently have jobs available with immediate starts for TESOL/CELTA qualified Teachers.
In this role you’ll be delivering our English as a Foreign Language product. You’ll work at one of our UK activity centres where guests enjoy a mix of classroom based EFL sessions and off-site excursions. We’re looking for enthusiastic TESOL or CELTA qualified (or equivalent) EFL Teachers to solely focus on delivering this programme to our inbound guests travelling to PGL UK centres from Europe, Asia and other long haul destinations.
Your duties will include:
• Communicating with the Course Director to discuss the group's ability and objectives;
• Modifying pre-prepared lesson plans to suit your students;
• Maximising the use of resources to deliver fun and informative sessions;
• Managing the classroom effectively and motivating your students accordingly;
• Assisting the Course Director with the placement tests for students on arrival and marking the tests efficiently.
As PGL centres offer a residential experience as part of our guest package, we would also expect our EFL Teachers to assist with the following:
• Being responsive to individual guest's needs and engage other members of staff where necessary;
• Engaging with students and group leaders outside the classroom in an appropriate and professional manner;
• Assisting with any emergency situations that might arise within the centre;
• Ensuring that the guests realise their potential and gain maximum enjoyment during their stay.
We have EFL vacancies at our stunning activity centres across the UK.
Salary and benefits
Successful applicants are required to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which PGL will pay for. You need to possess the legal right to live and work in the UK to be considered for employment with PGL. PGL is committed to the principles of equality and diversity and welcome applicants from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
Advice to jobseekers
You should fully research any employer before accepting a job offer. If you have any concerns about an advert or a communication from an employer check the scams forum and read our guide to avoiding scams. You can also ask a question about a specific school or about teaching in the United Kingdom in the forum.
Eslbase is not responsible for the accuracy of the information in this job advert or for the outcome of any application or communication made in relation to it. Please see our full disclaimer.