Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
Wall Street English in Vietnam is holding interviews for English language teachers to join our team and teach communicative English to our adult students. Come and work with a fun, friendly, and professional team dedicated to helping every student speak English with confidence.
Service Manager (Director of Studies)
Joining us as a Wall Street English Service Manager will give you the privilege of leading the delivery of service, experience, success and satisfaction for the 1,000 - 2,000 adult students in your Center. As the ambassador and leader of educational excellence, you’ll be responsible for leading and managing the Service team comprised of English Teachers, Personal Tutors and Receptionists, ensuring that they provide a consistent premium experience to your Students.
At Wall Street English we don’t just teach English, we change futures. We have been learning partners to over 2 million people, and have been passionate about teaching English for over 40 years. Our method is proven and aligned to the Common European Framework Reference for Languages, the global standard for language acquisition and education.
With a current enrolment of 190,000 students in over 450 learning centers in 28 different countries across the globe our centers offer a near immersion experience and a unique Blended Learning Method to help each student reach their fullest potential.
Wall Street English Vietnam opened in May 2013 and since then has grown to 6 schools and 7,000 students. The pace of growth is incredible and the intention is to continue this, soon spanning to the capital city of Hanoi.
Our schools are built to accommodate 2,000+ students and were created with both elegance and style in mind. They are beautiful, bright and ultimately the dream environment for fostering learning.
Video introduction to Wall Street English Vietnam: https://youtu.be/zsDQVpmMClM
Students are typically 20 to 35 years old professionals, well educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. They are motivated to learn English and recognise it as a skill essential for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
Class sizes are kept small, to an average of 3 students per class, which helps ensure real progress is made by all and allows for easy classroom management.
Lessons are made up of a variety of teaching materials and are designed to be engaging and communicative. Teachers guide students through both controlled practice and authentic conversation activities. All the lesson materials are already in place, so minimal lesson planning is required.
Teachers also run sessions with more of a social focus, designed to further give students the opportunity to use their language in a natural setting, while having fun at the same time. Topics are limited only by your imagination and can be anything from baking cookies to speed dating.
If you’re wondering why so many English teachers choose to live in Vietnam, there are many reasons! Whether you prefer to explore the winding inner-city alleyways or wander aimlessly along the beach, to climb mountains or trek jungles, to delve into a rich history or get to grips with a burgeoning entrepreneurial scene, Vietnam has it all. All this can be reached easily and comfortably, and very cheaply. And the Vietnamese will welcome you with open arms! While doing all this, you can pursue any number of hobbies and find the comforts of home.
Salary and benefits
• For English Teacher: Competitive salary: 38 million Vietnam Dong (1,700 USD)
• For Service Manager: Competitive salary: will be discussed during interview
For English Teacher and Service Manager
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by Wall Street English Vietnam
• 5 nights hotel accommodation on arrival and support finding an apartment
• Two fixed consecutive days off
• Bonus on completion of a year of service
• Annual performance-based salary increase
• Free Vietnamese lessons
• Assistance setting up a bank account
• Full training and on-going professional development
• Health insurance and medical check
• Annual leave of 21 days plus Vietnam national holidays
• Airport pick up, hotel and transportation costs for the first week (for international hires)
• Quality facilities and teaching resources
• Social activities
• Welcome pack and a guide to living in Vietnam
• Option to transfer between centers and to progress into senior positions
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• TEFL certificate: 120 hour classroom-based
• Previous teaching experience is preferred but not required
• A dynamic, professional and fun approach
• Positive, flexible, hard-working and proactive
• Clean criminal background check
English Teacher - Main Responsibilities
• Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
• Maximum of 30 teaching hours per week
• Use your creative skills to develop social clubs and other events
• Ensure students learn in a engaging manner
Service Manager – Main Responsibilities
• Leading the Service team by acting as coach, mentor and role model
• Creating an environment where students and alumni are inspired and motivated to engage with English in-center, online and in real-life
• Managing day-to-day Service and guaranteeing smooth operations, ensuring delivery of a premium educational experience to Students
• Ensuring that Standard Operating Procedure is followed at all times to ensure global brand consistency
How to apply
• Covering letter
• Recent, professional photo with a smile
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
• Quote reference # WSVeb01J in the email subject and state if you are interested in the English Teacher or Service Manager position
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.