Founded in 1941, Beijing Foreign Studies University is a prestigious university in China under the direct leadership of the Ministry of Education. It is one of the first universities listed under Project 211 which comprises top universities in China. BFSU is also the only university that offers degree-bearing programmes in the studies of 72 foreign languages (by the end of the year 2015). Over 400 ambassadors who work or have worked in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are BFSU alumni. “Language Education” and “Internationalization” are the DNA of BFSU.
School of International Education, Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU International)
The School of International Education (also operating as BFSU International Education Group, and referred to as “BFSU International” for short) is part of Beijing Foreign Studies University, arising with the increasing need of international education in China. The school commits itself to the exploration and establishment of the excellence of international education concepts and practices by constructing a collaboration platform within and beyond the four walls of the university with those who share our views.
K-12 Language Education (ePLUS for K-12)
ePlus for K-12 designs a growing path for 4- to 18-year-olds. It aims to prepare them to cope with a cross-cultural environment from both national and global perspectives by building up their competence in three areas (known as three pillars): language, reading and humanities.
One of the major differences between us and other similar institutions in China is that we are affiliated with the university, and therefore we have inherited the academic and learning-oriented atmosphere of the university.
Right now, we have around 50 foreign teachers in total, coming from more than 8 countries including the US, UK, Canada, Ireland, South Africa, Australia, Netherlands, Poland.
• Adhering to the mutually agreed-upon work schedule;
• Planning daily lessons, conducting classes, delivering student assessments and communicating with parents, staff and others as appropriate;
• Attending other mandatory events such as regular teacher training, etc.
Salary and benefits
• Salary starting from RMB11000-13000 per month;
• Bonus: RMB 1000-2000 RMB per month ( half of our teachers can get top bonus);
• Free accommodation provided to enable you to lead a more comfortable life;
• Free airport pick-up and reimbursement of round-trip tickets of 8,000 RMB is offered;
• China’s statutory holidays and 10-day paid holiday;
• Medical insurance and other benefits.
• Age: 22 to 50;
• Bachelor’s degree or above;
• Fulfills at least one of the following three requirements:
1) Major in Education for their Bachelor’s Degree or above;
2) Have at least two years of teaching experience since graduation of college;
3) Have obtained Teaching Certificates like Educator Certificate, TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, DELTA, etc. (with at least 120 hours of training);