Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 by The Living language School of English
A private school in Tyumen, Siberia, is seeking a native speaker - professional teacher of english as a foreign language for adults and young learners. An excellent team of Russian and native-speaking teachers will help you adapt to new environment and provide you with on-going academic support.
1. The Living Language School of English is a small non-state educational establishment which has been operating since 1998 in the
city of Tyumen. The School is fully licensed and has been employing native speakers since 2002. We have about 300 students of all age groups and levels. We like to maintain a friendly atmosphere throughout all aspects of school life, and we value quality over quantity (for example, our average group size is 8 students). The successful applicant would be welcomed as part of a highly professional team of both Russian and native-speaking teachers (they
can be contacted upon request).
2.The city of Tyumen is the centre of the oil and gas industry in Siberia, and one of the safest, friendliest and most prosperous cities in Russia. The School is superbly located right in the beautiful and green historical centre. If you wish to experience life in the real heart of Russia, then Tyumen is an ideal place to live, and our friendly team will be happy to help you make the best of your time here.
3. The climate is continental, which means we have spring and autumn and summer, not only winter. Our winters are frosty, but dry and sunny. Average January temperature is about minus 15-17C, average July temperature - plus 25-27C. With a population of about 750 000 people, Tyumen is ideal for someone coming to live and work Russia for the first time - it is not as impersonal and expensive as Moscow however it has all the perks of a big city.
1. We offer an after-tax salary of 27 000 rubles (appr.560 GBP) for up to 110 hours of work a month (25 hours a week). After the first 3 months of work the salary is raised by 3000 rubles, and after 6 months we offer a salary of 33000 rubles. Here in Tyumen the cost of living is much lower than in Moscow, so a loaf of bread is 25 pence, a good substantial meal in a decent cafe 5 GBP and the average salary in Russia is 300 GBP. Contract runs from September, 10, until the end of June, with a possibility of renewal (for up to three years)
2. One year visa. Full visa support. Visa costs reimbursed.
3. Plane ticket provided and paid for.
4. Free private flat with washing machine and the Internet within walking
distance from the School (no commuting, no transportation costs).
5. Russian classes at a discounted price.
6. Paid holiday according to Russian law.
7. Medical insurance.
8. Registration in OVIR (local immigration office).
9. Other bonuses depending on job performance.
1. You must be a native speaker with a Bachelor's degree and CELTA and preferably a qualification in teaching both adults and young learners.
2. You should possess the resourcefulness and creativity necessary for the profession. Must be mature and flexible and able to cope with the vagaries of modern Russian life. We wish to emphasise the importance of professionalism, including the necessity of planning for lessons, maintaining dialogue with fellow members of staff regarding shared students, and upholding the spirit of the contract.
Please forward your CV to our e-mail address
Eslbase is not responsible for the accuracy of the information in this job advert or for the outcome of any application or communication made in relation to it. Please see our full disclaimer.
© 2013 Eslbase. All rights reserved