iran or tajikistan

Viewing posts 1 to 5 (of 5 total)

• nooneshotjr
    10 Jul 2010 at 12:23
    • Total posts: 4

i’m really interested in going to iran (tajikstan as a 2nd option) for about 6 months with the primary aim of improving my persian, and i was wondering if anyone has any experience / advice with either iran or tajikistan.

i have a CELTA (Pass B, but no experience teaching) and i’m just finishing up my masters in iranian studies and so i thought that i could go and teach english for 6 months as a way to improve my persian and explore iran. the problem is, i’ve no idea of how to go about this. i’m also worried about possible VISA issues with iran in the current climate (hence tajikistan being a second option). i’m a brit, btw.

does anyone have any advice? know any good language schools i can contact? anything?!

any advice would be gratefully received. :)

13 Jul 2010 at 10:07
    • Total posts: 575

Try here for some schools in Iran you could contact – may help to get you started.

14 Jul 2010 at 8:42

thanks dan. does anyone have any experience with any of these schools? are they all reputable?

30 Sep 2010 at 11:18
    • Total posts: 1

I’m from Iran and I’m an English teacher teaching in an institute. I should say that the pay isn’t that well but the more experienced you are, the more you will get paid. I don’t know where you are from in case of getting a visa for my country but if you’re an American getting a visa might be a bit difficult, however, I have seen American tourists wandering in my country. Iranians will welcome you if you come teach English here specially because we need native English speakers in our schools. I don’t have enough information about the schools here but if you think I will be helpful in any case, don’t hesitate to contact me! :)

30 Sep 2010 at 11:35

hi samaneh – thank you so much for your reply.

since posting this i’ve done some research on the cost of living in tehran (rents, etc.) and i’ve found i just can’t afford it. that’s one expensive city you have there! i’ve been badly affected by the recession and have no savings or job over here, so it’s just not viable.

a good friend of mine is going to be living in esfahan for the next year and i hope at least to be able to get out to visit her. but for the time being, iran is far too expensive for me. :(

Viewing posts 1 to 5 (of 5 total)