TEFL forum

TEFL Forum - Teaching in Asia & Oceania   -   Moderators eslbase, dan, keith

Has anyone heard/worked with Suzhou Foreign Language School? (13 posts)

NaRu
Posted on 1 Feb 2008 0:55   #
Total posts: 2
Hi, I have been offered a position at Suzhou Foreign Language School, but I don't know anything about the school. They have a website but the website doesn't have any contact information. I am in contact with someone but I just don't know how serious this person is. If anyone has any information about the school PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thank you

Suzhou Teacher Also
Posted on 17 Aug 2011 11:56   #
Total posts: 19
Send email
This school has been covered in another topic currently on page one of this board.

It has also been covered in great detail all over the Internet.

It is an avoid.

VocalRush
Posted on 31 Aug 2011 22:37   #
Total posts: 26
Send email
I work for this school (a teacher) and I think it's a quite nice place in which to work. Certainly not an "avoid" in my opinion. Pay is good and on time, benefits are healthy, esp. the longer you work for them, and management works hard for the foreign teachers (granted, who work hard for the school - - the lazy, crazy, layabouts don't really even last that long!). If you ask more specific questions, I'll do my best to answer.

VR
Last edited by VocalRush on 14 Sep 2011 8:13, edited 1 time in total.

VocalRush
Posted on 9 Sep 2011 9:26   #
Send email
I wonder why the previous poster is responding to a thread/question that was posted over 3 years past? Strange. Just curious. I wonder if "Suzhou Teacher Also" has ever worked for SFLS and if he (or she? :lol: ) is really even in Suzhou?

Suzhou Teacher Also
Posted on 23 Sep 2011 8:39   #
Total posts: 19
Send email
VocalRush wrote:I wonder why the previous poster is responding to a thread/question that was posted over 3 years past? Strange. Just curious. I wonder if "Suzhou Teacher Also" has ever worked for SFLS and if he (or she? :lol: ) is really even in Suzhou?

Definitely in Suzhou, actually in SIP working a REAL international school located in SIP, a school where many of the teachers and the greater part of the administration know VOCALRUSH quite well and wouldn't hire him if he in all his majesty were the very, very last and only foreign teacher in all of China. If VocalRush has any doubts, why doesn't he just take a taxi on over and TRY to visit us? I said that knowingly cause the guards will never, ever let him in. Not in this life, not in the next.

Raoul F. Duke
Posted on 15 Oct 2011 17:39   #
Total posts: 7
Send email
Vocal Rush is one of the many monikers used by a person who actually happens to hold a managerial role at the school in question, charged with the unenviable task of desperately trying to recruit new victims despite that school's seriously nasty and richly deserved reputation. He doesn't just "work there".

This explains the unceasing begging he's doing on every EFL site he can find.

VocalRush
Posted on 16 Oct 2011 8:22   #
Send email
Vocal Rush (meaning I) has NO ROLE WHATSOEVER in recruiting, hiring, firing, promoting, demoting, paying, rewarding, or any such thing at this school. Whomever has fed you that information was sorely mistaken. Perhaps instead of just taking a "close friend's" word on the matter, you should check it yourself. Obviously, you seem to know VocalRush's real identity, yes? I mean, you assume you know by your above posting, but do you really, 100% know? I don't think you do.

PS: I don't beg, don't need to. Neither does the school for which I am employed. Despite all the many attempts to vilify it, this school is thriving. Each year its student body increases (as does the number of excellent foreign teachers it hires), its success stories are numerous and often newsworthy, and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere in the near or distant future. Sorry to burst your bubble.

VocalRush
Posted on 16 Oct 2011 8:26   #
Send email
why doesn't he just take a taxi on over and TRY to visit us? I said that knowingly cause the guards will never, ever let him in. Not in this life, not in the next.

I'd love to visit you in person, face-to-face. Why not post the name of your esteemed SIP school and I'll arrange a meeting with you. I generally have afternoon frees. Maybe I'll bring along "Kevin" whom you seem to be so fond of, what do you think? He'd love to meet you too! And, by the way, I'm personally not looking for another job, why would I need to? My job is great! Love my school, my co-workers, my fellow teachers. Got it? Let's do lunch.

VocalRush
Posted on 16 Oct 2011 11:18   #
Send email
I said that knowingly cause the guards will never, ever let him in. Not in this life, not in the next.

I just had to mention this small puzzlement. Please note the above bold in the quote made by one Suzhou Teacher Also (STA) just a couple of posts back. STA says elsewhere:

viewtopic/t-548

First of all, I never worked at that school.
Referring, of course, to Suzhou Foreign Language School (SFLS).

Now, here's a quote from someone (a certain infamous "C. Worthington") who claims "she" HAS worked at SFLS:

http://www.teflschoolreviews.com/suzhou ... 07235.html

I worked there for one full academic year 2010 – 2011.

"She" goes on, blah, blah, blah . . . until you get to the end of "her" post:

There is so much goodness in China, there actually is, but not here in this place. Not in this life, not in the next.

I am just fascinated by the eerie choice of words from (seemingly) two different people, one who claims NOT to have worked at SFLS and one who claims to HAVE worked at SFLS. Now to be quite frank, it's possible that two COMPLETELY different people can say (or write) things somewhat similarly. That's a given. But this was just so spooky, I just had to point it out. Of course, STA can say he (or "she") recently read that other thread at that other website and just accidentally (or maybe on purpose, whatever) mimicked it, but I just wonder. Draw your own conclusions internet folk.

Raoul F. Duke
Posted on 17 Oct 2011 6:09   #
Send email
VocalRush wrote:I'd love to visit you in person, face-to-face. Why not post the name of your esteemed SIP school and I'll arrange a meeting with you. I generally have afternoon frees. Maybe I'll bring along "Kevin" whom you seem to be so fond of, what do you think? He'd love to meet you too! And, by the way, I'm personally not looking for another job, why would I need to? My job is great! Love my school, my co-workers, my fellow teachers. Got it? Let's do lunch.

1. Meet you?!? Please. I eat with these hands. :twisted:

2. Your placement of me in the SIP shows how absolutely clueless you really are. Guess again.

3. You're Chinese, aren't you?

For any real people reading this thread...is it getting across how desperate these entities really are?

VocalRush
Posted on 17 Oct 2011 13:15   #
Send email
Uhm . . . I wasn't talking to you. Read the whole thread next time, okay? :lol: :roll: Wait, you do know I was addressing "Suzhou Teacher Also", yes? Wait . . . you aren't . . . got a bit mixed up . . . nah, couldn't be! COULDN'T. BE.

Raoul F. Duke
Posted on 18 Oct 2011 3:05   #
Send email
Couldn't be, indeed. Unlike certain other folks (ahem), I generally have no need to use multiple aliases.

But I will concede that when reading your stuff, my eyes do tend to glaze over pretty quickly. Regrets for the omission.

VocalRush
Posted on 19 Feb 2012 2:45   #
Send email
Looks like Alex/Andre/C. Worthington/The Truth/Suzhou Teacher Also et. al. is on the loose again over at eslteachersboard.com. In recent days he's posted under the names of "yournewbestfriend" "heres-your-answer", and "the truth be known". I knew he'd be back. Just waiting for him here at this site! LOL!